We provide consultancy, training and support to organisations that wish to develop and improve their ability to work effectively with people. We do this by offering a wide range of unique training courses including: cognitive behavioural interventions, workplace development and much more. Our psychometric and clinical assessments are massively popular and on the increase within Cardiff and the rest of the UK.
If you need somebody to listen, we can help. We’re flexible and happy to listen to the needs of our customers to advise them on the most suitable course. After training, we also remain available by telephone or email to support, advise and offer any help needed.
Is the saying “Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me” still an appropriate response to bullying in an online world? When does Cyber Bullying cross the line into criminal activity?
This conference will focus on initiatives and research, highlighting effective practice in helping to keep young people safe from harm in the world of social media. Social media plays an increasingly significant part in the lives of young people and whilst there are a whole host of positive uses, there are also some difficult issues that need to be dealt with. Our day will be an opportunity to hear from a wide range of relevant contributors who are involved with the challenges raised by misuse of social media who will offer ideas and solutions to assist those who are affected by that misuse.
Our speakers include:
- Dr Jo Bryce, Senior Lecturer, University of Central Lancashire -Director of the Cyberspace Research Unit – Jo will address cyber-bullying behaviour in the context of the blurring of regulatory and educational responsibilities across home, school and online spaces. http://www.uclan.ac.uk/staff_profiles/dr_jo_bryce.php
- Will Gardner, CEO Childnet International – Working with others to make the internet a great and safe place for children www.childnet.com
- James Davies, “Bullies Out” plus Young Ambassador – one of the UKs most dedicated and ambitious anti-bullying charities https://bulliesout.com
- Derbyshire Digital PCSO (Derbyshire Constabulary) – Derbyshire’s unique Cyber Crime hub http://www.derbyshire.police.uk/Safety-advice/Cybercrime/Cybercrime.aspx
- Alex Holmes, Head of Anti-Bullying Programme, The Diana Award – Empowering everyone to tackle all types of bullying http://diana-award.org.uk/programmes/anti-bullying
Presentations will focus on:
- Outlining current evidence base and effective approaches in this field which aim to keep individuals safe from harm
- Providing ideas and strategies for anyone involved in working with young people, in particular professionals or parents
To find out more and how you can secure your seat:Find out more
We have a wide range of training courses which have been developed using the most up to date research. We are also happy to work with organisations to develop specific courses.
The Benefits of Using Our Training Courses:
- Knowledgeable and friendly trainers
- A flexible approach to content and timings
- Ongoing support and advice
- Credit Card
- Online Payment
We supply an increasing range of forensic and non-forensic psychometric tests and psychometric assessments through our partnerships with test publishers in the UK, USA and Canada.
The Benefits of Ordering From the Cognitive Centre
- A quick, efficient and friendly service
- Simple registration
- 30 day payment terms in pounds sterling
Please feel free to contact us by email, post or telephone using the details below:
Telephone: 02920 513048
Address: Cognitive Centre, 1st Floor, 34 Cardiff Road, Dinas Powys, Vale of Glamorgan, CF64 4JS