Raymond DiGiuseppe, Ph.D., Raymond Chip Tafrate, Ph.D.
Age Range: 18 and older
Administration Time: Short: 5–10 minutes, Long: 20 minutes
Administration Type: Self-report
Qualification Level B
The ADS measures clinically dysfunctional anger by assessing anger as an independent problem, rather than as a secondary symptom of another issue. It uses an Anger-In/Anger-Out model—which not only examines the physical aggression resulting from anger, but also the cognitions associated with anger that may be a part of affective aggression. ADS results provide a strong basis for developing appropriate intervention and treatment plans.
How to Use the Assessment
The ADS consists of the original ADS, as well as a shorter version (ADS:S). Respondents use Item Booklets and QuikScore™ forms to complete the assessment. Responses are recorded and scores are calculated on the QuikScore™ form. For the ADS:S, the items are included on the QuikScore™ form, so Item Booklets are not necessary.
Scales & Forms:
• Provocations Domain: Scope of Anger Provocations and Hurt/Social Rejection
• Arousal Domain: Physiological Arousal, Episode Length, and Duration of Anger Problem
• Cognitions Domain: Rumination, Resentment and Suspiciousness
• Motives Domain: Revenge, Coercion, and Tension Reduction
• Behaviours Domain: Brooding and Verbal Expression, Physical Aggression, Passive Aggression, Relational Aggression, and Indirect Aggression
|ADS050||ADS QuikScore Forms (25/pkg)||£55.00||Yes|
|ADS070||ADS:S QuikScore Forms (25/pkg)||£55.00||Yes|
|ADS100||ADS Item Booklet (reusable; 10/pkg)||£30.00||Yes|
|ADS01||ADS Complete Kit – Manual, 10 ADS Item Booklets, 25 ADS QuikScore Forms, and 25 ADS:S QuickScore Forms||£210.00||Yes|
|ADS04||ADS Technical Manual||£80.00||No|